The Naked Sommelier's Policy of Privacy
The Naked Sommelier is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of all laws that apply. Other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments that authorize access, personal information is not actively shared. In particular, we do not re-distribute or sell personal information collected on our web servers.
The Naked Sommelier servers collect the following analytics:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of computer being used
- web pages requested
- referring web page
- browser used
- date and time
TheNakedSommlier.com does not associate this data to individual user identities.
TheNakedSommlier.com site may use “cookies” in order to deliver web content specific to individual users’ interests or to keep track of online purchasing transactions. Sensitive personal information is not stored within cookies.
TheNakedSommlier.com uses webforms on this site. These forms require users to give contact information, name, email, location, and possible relationship to the wine business. Contact information from the registration form is used only to send material relating to The Naked Sommelier events and newsletter for which it was collected and will not be sold to another party.
Use of collected information:
- TheNakedSommlier.com will only use personal information collected from this site for the purpose of communication back to individuals who contact us via the site.
- TheNakedSommlier.com uses browser-IP-address information and anonymous-browser history to report information about site accesses and for profiling purposes. This information is used to improve Web presentation and utilization. IP address information may also be used for troubleshooting purposes.
Privacy Statement Revisions:
- TheNakedSommlier.com will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
- TheNakedSommlier.com will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
Privacy Statement Revisions:
This Privacy Statement was last revised on 9, Sept 2022. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the website.
If we make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on the homepage of our website for a period of time after the change is made.
Responsibility for External Sites:
This website may contain links to other websites. Some of those websites may be operated by third parties. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of websites operated by others.
We are not responsible for the performance of websites operated by third parties or for your business dealings with them. Therefore, whenever you leave this website we recommend that you review each website’s privacy practices and make your own conclusions regarding the adequacy of these practices.
While using this website, you may encounter hypertext links to the Web pages of other websites or organizations not directly affiliated with The Naked Sommelier. We recommend you review the privacy statements of these organizations.
Lack of jokes, double entendres, and puns:
The user will notice the deliberate lack of humor on this page alone for The Naked Sommelier. This is not an oversight. While fiercely compelled to include even just a dirty limerick within the legalese, we valiantly avoided this temptation and succeeded in writing a policy that shows we have no intention of abusing your trust. Also please note that we avoided calling it a Piracy Policy despite the yearning to put a touch of the swashbuckling into this rather dull treatise. Good day to you.